So its been a few years since anyone has posted in this group and I and a few other contributors are working hard to revamp this group and make it better for all you wonderful members.
Along with more updates soon to come, here are some of the current changes:
There is a new gallery folder!
It is the LGBT theme related folder. What is accepted in this folder? Everything that CLEARLY shows anything relating to the theme of LGBT.
If there is a picture/drawing of a couple you wish to submit, even if its a gay couple, please just submit it into another folder that is appropriate, for example, a digital drawing of two gay guys will be submitted to the digital folder.
Also please note that all literature works, gay related or not, please submit to the literature folder.
This folder is to showcase our pride clearly. If you want an idea of what is accepted in this folder, go check it out!
There are a few more rules:
- There is to be NO HATE. This means for deviations of people saying "Fuck you homophobics," will be declined. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and its one thing to protest against it, and its another to be offensive and rude.
- We will no longer accept multiple submissions of the same image edited very slightly. For example if there is a drawing of a flag without a background submitted and then the same image of the flag is submitted with a background, we will not accept it. Please just choose your BEST image to submit. We dont want to fill the gallery with what looks to be duplicates.
-Crop your image correctly!
We want your work to look good! If you are taking a picture of your drawing on a desk/against a wall/etc, crop out the background. We want to see only your drawing. With backgrounds, it gets distracting and we cant focus on your work. This rule also applies to the spirals of sketch books, please edit them out!
Here is a recap of older rules that still are in effect:
- No haters of any kind are allowed
-No porn/ erotic art
- Art with which cannot be viewed by people under 18 must! be put in the over 18s category or it will not be accepted. This also goes for images/drawings of naked figures, if your people are naked, put them in over 18!
- All deviations must be submitted into the correct folder or they will not be accepted. Our folders are based upon medium. Digital art goes in the digital art folder.
-The featured folder will be used for holding art that won in a contest only
We are aiming to have a contest for June as it is pride month. We are looking for point donations, people willing to give membership, or people even willing to feature an artist on their journal. Any and all donations/ commitments of any kind would be much appreciated so we have give a prize(s). If nothing else, we will feature the winners on our page.
We want your input!
Besides art, we want to hear your voice! And we want to support you. If anyone has links to gay friendly/helpful pages, let us know. If there is gay worthy news, share it with us! If there are gay themed groups on DA that want to affiliate with us, let us know! If there are any questions, comments, advice, anything, LET US KNOW. We want to make this group like a phoenix and raise it from the ashes so we want to hear from you.